Feedback carried out a Needs & Expectations study for one of the leading manufacturers of refractories in India
- Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of refractories in India. It also provides refractory design, setup & maintenance services for customer projects.
F2F interviews with Customers & Channel Partners for Steel, Glass, OEM’s & Cement Industry
- In-depth interviews were conducted by senior researchers to create a customer journey map & evaluate needs at each step of the customer journey.
- The client was perceived to be one of the reliable alternative supplier but not as the prime supplier of refractory products
- Partnership / Relationship concerns which needed to be improved upon with a specific segment of customers. Senior leadership connect
- Sharing industry best practices / thought leadership
- Issues with responsiveness when there is a complaint / issue
- Inventory Management & time taken for delivery
- An opportunity existed for the client to reposition itself as a preferred turn-key refractory solution provider
- Focus on building itself as a thought leader in this space – Industry expert visits | Symposiums etc.
- Evaluate increasing the ‘Product portfolio’.
- Implementing/ Re-orienting KAM structure
- Tiered approach | Man-to-Man Mapping | Relationship focused as opposed to Sales driven | Client Custodians
- Improved Service orientation among customer facing team (including service engineers) + Periodic up skill of service engineers
- Building a robust complaint handling mechanism (digitization)
- Increased Collaboration with the Research team working along with Customers to solve their problem
- Distribution & Inventory Management – Setting up of Regional warehouses